Code of Conduct for Colts and their Supporters.
Colts Section 2016 Season
Please note that failure to sign and abide by this code could mean a player being prohibited from participating in training sessions and matches.
The player agrees:
- To work hard towards the attainment of their full potential
- To attend games punctually, behave with self-discipline and give reasonable notice and reasons for absence or lateness. Wear the Cove Cricket Club shirt for all matches and shirts should be tucked into trousers while playing.
- To abide by instructions given by the team manager or the coach
- To practice the techniques/skills taught by the coaches and attempt to apply them in matches
- To abide by the laws of cricket and the ethos of the game
- To accept the umpires decision at all times and not show any dissent
- To play cricket in a competitive manner but maintain the highest standards of sportsmanship
- To accept victory and defeat with dignity and grace and to learn from defeat
- Not to use foul language on or off the field of play.
- Not to attempt to intimidate or deliberately distract opponents by aggressive language or behaviour. To treat all players as you would like to be treated
- To co-operate with coaches, teammates and officials. Remember that without them there would be no game
- To be proud of your club and remember that you are it’s representative on the field.
- REMEMBER PLAYING CRICKET IS FUN!
The parents/guardians agree to:
- Take responsibility for ensuring there son or daughter is signed in at the start of training sessions with the coach.
- Encourage and help the player meet targets, including abiding by the code of conduct
- Support the player without pressure, praise good work and refrain from criticising lapses
- Set a good example to the player by encouraging and supporting the team in a calm and controlled manner
- Refrain from coaching or interfering with the coaching of the players during training or at matches, as this is the responsibility of the coach or team manager
- Know why your child is playing cricket. The objective of Cove Cricket Club Colts Section is to provide a quality learning environment, to improve techniques but above all to encourage enjoyment of the sport
- If you have any concerns, please contact Paul Lynch in the first instance.